Join Our Team of Information Security Experts
AVC University is searching for qualified individuals to serve as adjunct faculty. The adjunct faculty’s responsibilities shall include teaching online, face-to-face or by video conferencing; developing and improving syllabi, understanding students’ needs, developing engaging teaching discussion questions and facilitating online of face-to-face discussions, and ensuring the relevant learning resources are employed. Successful candidates shall be able to evaluate student learning and address any issues promptly.
The incumbent should be able to employ formative and summative assessment tools to enrich and challenge students. He/she should have the ability to teach and foster relationships with students from different cultural and economic backgrounds.
• Deliver course content, and develop and review course material and syllabi.
• Create a comfortable classroom environment that supports participation and learning.
• Develop and employ assessments based on course content and learning outcome.
• Prepare students for assessments and provide helpful feedback.
• Provide support to students who require it, and respond to questions and concerns.
• Answer students’ questions and provide feedback on assignments or portfolios.
• Recommend additional readings or advice to students as required.
• Keep up-to-date with advancements in the discipline, and integrate new knowledge.
• A Master’s or Ph.D. in the relevant academic field.
• Experience as a university TA or faculty.
• Proof of attendance and participation in conferences in discipline
• Published papers or research articles would be a plus.
• Superb interpersonal, observational, and communication skills.
• Patience, understanding, and empathy.
• Good analytical and organizational skills.
• Available to teach at least 6 Hours per week
• Academic Transcripts
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copy of degrees
• Three References
• Statement of Teaching Philosophy
No application form; you can do that later. Simply email your resume to Jobs@avc.edu.lr